8.15.2010

Music & Book Update

I totally just realized that it has been 2 months since i have last done this. i try to do it monthly but as most of you know...summer is crazy!! so anyways its time for my favorite time...

Music:

New Young Pony Club - The Optimist
so my friend Lindsay that i work with introduced me to these wonderful people. they are definitely not american but i am not sure what they are...some kind of european band. their music is very poppy and just makes you wanna dance. check out their music video's on You Tube...you will laugh at their styles. my favorite songs are Lost a Girl, We Want To, & Oh Cherie.

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles (II)
remember a few months ago when i mentioned i was going out on a limb with a album that was a little weird? well here they are again! i love it...what can i say. i have to listen to Crystal Castles when i run...it makes me feel like i am alive =) if you You Tube any of the music videos do not judge the music by the video's...they are kind of crazy. but i guess the music is too. oh well.. my favorite songs on this are Pap Smear (i know, weird song name) & Baptism.

Cartel - Cycles
Cartel has always been one of my favorite bands. the singer...Will...has an amazing voice. i would marry him for his voice...his looks aren't to bad either, actually they are amazing also =). this album definitely isn't my favorite but it's growing on me. my favorite songs are Deep South & 27 Steps. The Perfect Mistake is also a good one, you have probably heard it if you listen to the radio at all. Will looks so much like my ex in the music video...weird.


Books

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer
most of you Twilight fans have probably already read this right? if you haven't you should. i really really enjoyed it. it makes you seriously love Bree. its kind of hard reading it because you know the outcome from the Eclipse book...but the whole time you are wishing it will end different. stephanie meyer is a wonderful writer.

City of Ashes/City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
these are the 2nd & 3rd books to the City of Bones series. i love these books. the second was a little harder for me to get into but the 3rd was really really good and it ended so wonderful...i like that. i mentioned in my last post that these are about shadowhunters, demons, vampires, werewolves...the whole works. its a whole different world but definitely one to explore.

Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
ok, old book i know! i have always wanted to read the Jane Austen books especially after i watched the movie Jane Austen Book Club. so i bought them all. this was the first one. I am not going to lie, they were very difficult to get through. i struggle with that style of writing. i was definitely meant to be born in this day and age. I could never image dating like that either. having to be so formal with everything...eww. not me. but anyways the book itself was really good, i probably didn't get the full effect of it cause i didn't know what a lot of the stuff meant! but i will read the others...maybe a while but i will.


and last but not least...MockingJay by Suzanne Collins comes out the 24th. wahoo! I am so freakin excited. are you a fan?
Go Team Gale!

No comments: