12.26.2011

30 x 30 Update

I haven't update by 30 x 30 list (see sidebar on the left) in quite awhile. I have a few things I can mark off the list! Wahoo!

First is one I can totally mark all the way off. "Move out of parents basement" I thought marriage is what was going to get me out of that one! But no, an awesome job has helped me accomplish that!

Next, we have "take multiple photography classes". I can halfway mark that one as I have taken one photography class. It was pretty good. I bought a deal off Groupon and I have to say I was impressed and learned some cool things about my camera. I need to work on taking more photos (which there while be some to come soon...) and than take another class to keep on improving and officially mark it off.

Next, is a small portion of one but to "move forward in my fear of public speaking". I am not going to mark this one off yet but I think my improvement is coming. I gave a talk in church about a month ago and wow, I was not near as scared as I thought I was going to be. I was very comfortable with what I was talking about but I had a lot of people tell me I looked so comfortable up there which boosted my confidence with that a lot. I think with getting into my career and all the other things thrown at me lately I have grown in that area. I am going to wait till I have to speak a couple more times to get that one checked off.

And last, is "increase my piano skills". I am happy to say I am back to loving the piano once again. About 4 months ago, I got a calling in church to be the ward pianist. I had to start playing for Relief Society & Sacrament. Talk about scary, especially since I only knew like 4 Hymns! I have learned a lot more and really grown to love the piano again. I am kind of sad not having one anymore. I always play when I come home and hope someday I will get a keyboard and a nice baby grand when I get my own home!

I think I owe a lot to my Heavenly Father on some of these goals. He put me in places to help achieve these goals that may not other wise been accomplished!

No comments: