5.24.2011

Books & Music - Episode 9

BOOKS ONLY


Today is a book only review. I haven't gotten much music lately but next time there will be plenty!

A Thousand Splendid Suns
by Khaled Hosseini

Rating: MMMMM(out of 5)
Amazing book. This was my second time reading it but I don't think have done a book review before. We read it for book club and I was so excited to read it again. It is sad, very very sad. But oh so good at the same time. Its about the life in Afghanistan and pretty much how crappy it is over there. It follows the life of two totally different women who end up merging together. So good. About a week or so after I finished, Bin Laden was killed. He not only did awful things to our country but also to his own country and this book show that.



The Schorch Trials (The Maze Runner Series)
by James Dashner

Rating: MMM1/2 (out of 5)
I don't think I ever did the review on the first book (The Maze Runner)...it has been awhile since I read it. This is about these boys that get dumped into this place that is surrounded by a maze that is filled with creatures that can kill them so they always stay inside the gates. At the end of the first book they escape and in the second one they find out they are part of an experiemnt and there is also a group of girls the same thing happened too. They than get put into the Scorch Trails which is yet another maze for them to escape. I actually really liked this one. These books are pretty out there but it really keep me attached and I enjoyed it.

The List
by Melanie Jacobson

Rating: MMMM1/2 (out of 5)
This is a book by a LDS author. It is so cute! It's about this girl who goes to California for the summer and tries to complete items she has on her List. This is a list of things she wants to do before she gets married. But like life a boy comes and starts messing things up. A really cute boy. I feel in love with the boy but I was slightly dissapointed with the ending. It ended good but I think it could've been slightly better. This is Melanie's first novel so I sure hope she writes more!

No comments: