7.20.2011

Independence Day

I am finally breaking down and posting about my 4th of July!! Its about time. This year was probably the most fun I have had in quite a few years. The morning started out bright and early with a 5k at 7am... (told you bright and early). This year it was just me, my mom, and Maegan. It definitely is more fun with more of the family but they had good excuse, such as pregnancy, floats, etc. You get the point. I ran it in about 27 minutes which I think is pretty good with not training AT ALL. The last time I ran was for the Dirty Dash. It was hard but I did it.
This year my Dad got the idea in his head to build a float. So that is exactly what happened. He built a massive Liberty Bell and had my nephews dress up as the founding fathers. It was pretty sweet and he won Most Patriotic! Go Dad! It kind of made me sad to realize how far away from the actually Independence celebration we get away from. He was the only one playing patriotic music and the only 4th of July themed float. Instead we get kids dancing to the hits on the radio. Whoopie!!
Anyways below are some pictures of parade time:

Close up of the bell, it turned out really good:
This is the crew with some of the vehicles we had following the float (for those of you who don't know my Dad is an insurance agent so he had some nice classic and custom cars he insures follow behind.)
I love this shot of Garet:



Meet Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, & John Hancock. Did you know they had Mickey Mouse Lightsavers back then? Yep!


By the middle of the Parade Emett was done. I mean done. This was what would happen when we would tell him to smile. And the others loved to get giggy with it!


It turned out really good and a lot of people loved seeing a patriotic float. Way to go Fader!!
After the parade, the whole crew went and got some pizza. I wish I would've gotten a picture cause we were all wearing our red Jones Insurance shirts.... all 12 of us!
I than went home and took an amazing nap, went swimming at Kari's parent's, than I think watch some TV... the rest is a blur!

Happy July!!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

We were in town over the 4th and saw the float. Your dad did an amazing job on it. Loved seeing the boys dressed up too. So much fun.