4.22.2011

Books & Music - Episode 8

Kind of short this time...

BOOKS:

The Hand That First Held Mine
by Maggie O'Farrell


Rating: MMMM(out of 5)
Two stories of Lexie and Elina and there struggles and joys of life and motherhood. Eventually the two stories end up intertwining. I really liked this book and even though it scared me out of my mind to be a parent I would definitely refer you to read it!

Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret
By Obert Skye

Rating: MMMM1/2 (out of 5)
I am not sure if I ever did a review on the first one but this is the second of the series. There is five in all. I am really liking these books and I think the second one was better than the first. They are a mix of Harry Potter and Narnia. You learn about a whole new world of Foo and how Leven is one who can save the land from the evil. If you like fantasy books you will definitely like this. And I love the authors writing style. Some of the things make me laugh out loud!


MUSIC

Yellowcard
'When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes'

Genre: Alternative
Rating: MMMM (out of 5)
Top 3 Songs: Hang You Up, With you Around, For You, And Your Denial
Good album. A good addition to their collection of music. I don't think Yellowcard could ever go wrong but nothing can top of their Ocean Avenue.

Next time there will be more!!

1 comment:

Shauna Spendlove said...

I love you! I was reading back at some of your posts and you are such an amazing girl!! Can't wait to see pics of your short hair... but it was fun to see it long(ish) again! I still have that pic of you when it was REALLY long! I think it is cute long or short! Fun to change it up a bit! So glad you like your internship!! What a great place to work!!