9.07.2010

My Labor Day Weekend

aren't holidays the best? i love when sunday night comes and i know i don't have to go to work in the morning...it is the best feeling. i didn't do anything extremely exciting this weekend but i still very much enjoyed it. i spent the majority of it working on my bathroom remodel. below are some pics.
i bought this old kitchen cabinet at a garage sale and painted/antiqued it to hang above my toliet:




i wasn't going to put the doors on it but after i look at it with all my junk in there i think i am going to. i didn't do those to begin with so that is another project to put on the list!

i am also going to be making a new hamper, putting up some blinds, making a collage, and finding other wonderful things to put around like this:pluse check out my new shelves...i dig them. i got lots of work ahead of me but after this bathroom is done it is going to be like going to the ocean everyday =)

i also saw 2 mice this weekend...is that some kind of bad luck? i haven't seen on in real life for probably over 10 years. i saw one sitting by the door of the movie theater (creepy, i know) and a dead one under my dad's new corvette (aka mid-life crisis). weird.
i also spent the weekend de-junking. i threw away loads of papers from college. i have a hard time throwing away stuff so i had this cabinet stuffed with all my college papers, handouts, assignments...i think i got rid of about 3 grown size trees (i recycled though). i have a hard time accepting i wont need something in the future so i keep everything...

which brings me to This Week The Trend:

de-junk

i got rid of some friends on facebook yesterday which was nice...what else can i de-junk?

well hope you all had a good holiday weekend and enjoy your week!

No comments: