9.12.2010

Book & Music Time & Week's Trend

Music:

Mayday Parade: Any Where But Here
Mayday is one of those bands that got me through a hard time...i owe a lot to them. when my heart was broken they were the ones that helped me get a lot of my frustration out, so when their new album came out i had to get it. its a pretty good album and the lyrics are of course once again awesome (seriously the best songs when you have just broken up with someone) but one of their main singers (Jason) actually left the group and he was my favorite. i miss his raspy voice in the all the songs. definitely a good album but not the same with out him... i did hear he started a new band called Go Radio so I am going to go check it out, i will let you know if it is any good. favorite songs are The Silence & The Memory.

The Maine - Black & White
my all time favorite Maine album. its awesome. remember my teenage crush? ya this is him:...still crushing ;). the songs on this album are a lot more mature than the other albums, you can tell they are maturing as people and as a band and John's voice is AmAzInG! love it. Fav songs are Inside Of You & Right Girl (both acoustic and album versions) & Fuel To The Fire.

Phoenix - United
i had to complete my Phoenix collection and this was the last one. my least favorite of all the albums but if your like me and gotta have them all its still good. i get to see them on the 23rd so excited! still don't have a date. who wants to be my date??? fav songs are Party Time & Summer Days

Books:

WARNING: IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE OUTCOME OF MOCKINGJAY DO NOT KEEP READING.

MockingJay - Suzanne Collins
ok...i got a lot to say about this one. you all know by now that i am a huge Gale fan and if you have read the book you know she doesn't end up with Gale so obviously i don't like that part.. i actually really liked the book..i read it so fast mainly cause i wanted to know who she picked but i still enjoyed. it is also a little more violent than any of the others. BUT the book actually gave me anxiety at the end. the moment she opened the door and saw Peeta planting the roses my heart drop. i honestly started to get anxiety and almost started crying. the whole thing with Gale seemed so real life to me. it's like having someone in your life that being with them all the time feels so right and they know you so well almost as well as yourself. and than the ways of the world pull you apart and give you different ideas on the way you want to live. it's not how life should be but unfortunately it is and i hate it. the thing is she didn't choose Peeta over Gale, she honestly didn't make a choice that way. Peeta was there and she made a decision not to change that, which i think was the wrong choice. i guess with books you expect a happily ever after and this one ended so life-like and sucky. grr... still my favorite books but so frustrating.

anyways...their is my rant. this is my only book this time. i re-read the first to in preparation for this one.

This Week The Trend
since i am on here this evening i am going to do this a little early this week. last week was good. i de-junked a lot. felt good. i need to do that like once a month cause i build up things so fast. this week is:

Train for a 10k in the MUD

literally. i have to run that race in 2 weeks and i am not sure i am going to make it! i gotta gotta focus on that for the next couple weeks...

No comments: