6.16.2010

It's that Time...

For my Music & Book update....
This is my favorite time =)

Music:

The Temper Trap - Conditions

This is a good one! No sure even what kind of category to put this one in. Maybe...Indie Soft Rock??? The songs are chill and soothing but have some great beats, if that makes sense. I believe these guys are from Australia but don't hurt me if I am wrong. I have only listen to this album so I need to check it out and see if they have others. My favorite songs are Fader & Rest.

Metric - Fantasies

Metric Rocks! And so does this album. There album Grow Up and Blow Away is really good but I am kind of thinking I like this one better. I love her voice. They are going to be coming to Salt Lake with Lilith Fair but I can't get myself to pay that kind of money to go see them! Help I'm Alive is a good one that is played on the radio but Twilight Galaxy & Gimme Sympathy are my favs.


Wakey!Wakey! - Almost everything I wish I'd said the last time I saw you...

OMG! I am luvin this one! Singer/Song Writer type music with a lot of good piano/keyboards & violin. I think no matter what kind of music you listen to you will like these guys. Plus their lyrics are the kind you can relate to...especially if you are single! My favorite songs on this album are Almost Everything, 1876 - The Brooklyn Theatre Fire, and Got It All Wrong.

Books:

The Wednesday Letters & Recvoering Charles by Jason F. Wright

The Wednesday Letters is definitely my favorite out of the two. It is really cute story about this old couple who dies on the same day and their kids find all of these letters that the husband would write to his wife every Wednesday since they were married. (Heart melting...) I think it could've ended a little better, it didn't feel quite complete, but other than that it is a really good book.
Recoving Charles is about this guys whose father is living down in New Orleans when Hurrican Katrina hits and disappears. He goes down there in search of his Father. It was a good book but not a page turner. I really liked that it gave details about New Orleans after Katrina hit. I had no idea along with a lot of you out there about was actually happening down there. Crazy stuff.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Another OMG! I love this book! It is kind of mix between Twilight & Harry Potter. Everytime I try to explain to it someone they just think I am weird cause it is about Demons & Shadowhunters along with Vampires & Werewolves. It sounds weird but it is really really good. And there is a love story in the mix which makes it even better. Nothing sappy like Twilight though. It is a Trilogy, which the other 2 are out and are on their way to me! I will let you know on the next update how those are.

Until next time my friends!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Way to go on your long post! You look so cute in your hiking pics! And what a view! I can't believe a lady died! So scary!
I still can't believe your car got broke into. Seriously sucks! And I'm the same way. I think I'd go insane without my planner actually. I'd probably cry. Sucks you had to pay 100 bucks too.
So funny you got hit at with the soccer ball. You guys are always doing fun things!
Yah you're doing the 5K!!! Training's not been fun. Can't wait til it's over. Glad we're in it together! What did we get ourselves into???