4.09.2010

Books & Music

Hello all you readers & music lovers. I decided I would share a few books & artist I have recently enjoyed ever so much lately incase any of you are looking for a new good read or some awesome beats to sing along too!

Books:

The Sun Flower by Richard Paul Evans:

imgres.jpg Oh my goodness, do not read this unless you have time to not do anything else. You will not be able to put it down. It is a very easy read but a good 300 pages...and worth every page. It is based off a true story and my friend actually knows a girl who has been to the orphanage. The cutest real love story I have ever heard!


The Hunger Games/Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins:

imgres.jpgimgres.jpg If you haven't joined my Hunger Games train, it is about time you do! Definitely my all time favorite books. So intriguing and a major page turner. Book 3 - Mocking Jay - come out August 24...already have mine pre-ordered! I am totally Team Gale on these but most people are Team Peeta but I fell in love with Gale at the beginning. No idea what I am talking about? Well go read the books...you wont regret it.


The Maze Runner by James Dashner:

imgres.jpg Ok I am kind of going out on a limb here because I am only on like pg. 50 of this book but so far I love it. It reminds me a lot of Hunger Games but different. It's about this place called the Glade where every so often a boy, teenage age, gets brought to this place. They have no memory of what their real life is and can't remember anything except there name. They are surrounded by a maze that has these awful creatures that come out at night. The only way out is to solve the maze, which no one can figure out. Pretty sure it will be good. I believe it is a part of a series but this is the only one out so far.


Music:


Ok the kind of music I enjoy you may not but we will give it a shot! Most of these are Indie Rock/Pop which can be pretty cool stuff.


Neon Trees/Habits:

imgres.jpg Wanna support local bands? Here is your chance. These guys are from Sandy and have a chick drummer...how much better can you get? I saw them at the Salt Lake Eve party and was so glad when they released this cd. I believe they are on tour right now with 30 Seconds to Mars...they are definitely getting out there. Animal and Love & Affection are my favs.


Tegan & Sara/Sainthood:

imgres.jpg These chicks are my all time favorite right now. All of their albums are fantastic but this is their newest one. A lot more beats and dancing going on with this one. I saw them in concert the other night which was AmAzInG! They are twin sister and their voices mesh so good together. I would say it is a tie between this album & So Jealousimgres.jpg that are my favorite. Check out The Cure & Alligator on the Sainthood album.

Steel Train & Holly Miranda came on tour with them. Also worth checking out.


Crystal Castles:

imgres.jpg Ok I am going out on another limb with this one cause you may think I am psycho for liking this. This is super electronic mixed with old school Nintendo! Seriously! I don't know how to explain and not sure what else to say about...except its pretty cool. Favorite songs are Vanished, Good Times, & Courtship Dating.

No comments: