11.23.2008

Poem

About a week ago my cousin past away. It was very unexpected and sad. After she past away my aunt was prompted and lead to a suitcase that she found had a bunch of poems that my cousin had written. On top of all the stuff was one poem that my aunt felt she was meant to find. They read it at her funeral and I loved it so I thought I would share it.

Open your window and let out the stress,
let your body release with the winds caress.
Bring in the light to open your eyes,
nurture the soul before it dies.
Overflow sunshine into the heart,
distribute the warmth like paint to art.
From love, your body will illuminate,
pushing out intolerance, anger, and hate.
If everyone could open the window, look out and see,
what peaceful place this world could be.

-Tricia Gooch
August 31, 1973-November 15, 2008

8 comments:

Melissa said...

That is an awesome poem. So sorry to hear about your cousin. Sometimes life likes to throw us curve balls. Looks like you had an awesome time in Vegas. I am glad you had some fun for me!!!

Lauren said...

Life does like to throw curve balls! I totally agree but that's what makes us stronger. When my cousin passed away it was a total shock and he wrote a quote that everyone still has. It's like they wrote it just for you. :)

Lauren said...

...and i'm sorry you hear about your cousin. At least we know we will be able to see them again one day. Hope to see you soon.

Palmers said...

Hey Mel,
Sorry to hear about your cousin. Life is so short and precious and you don't realize how fragile it can be! I looks like you had fun in Vegas. I haven't been there forever. I want to go on a $15 dollar limo ride:) That is funny!
Carly

Ryan and Heidi said...

I'm so sorry Mel! When I first read that it kinda freaked me out like it was Jess or something! I'm glad it's not her, but I'm so so sorry that you lost your cousin. It must be really hard. But what a nice poem that she left for everyone to keep a little piece of her with them. Love you! We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.

The Fife's said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin. It's been fun looking at your blog. I love your hair.

Reed & Melinda Family said...

Hey,
I am sorry to hear about your cousin. We have had a couple in our family too. It makes you realize what is really important. Like friends! I am so glad you found me and I love your blog! keep in touch. Melinda

The Hicken's said...

Melanie,
I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. That is a sweet poem that she left behind for you all. I hope that you can have peace at this very hard time.